First, to protect yourself from the novel coronavirus and prevent infecting others, you must pay attention to the following recommendations of the Turkish Ministry of Health and the World Health Organization.
- Wash your hands with soap and water at least for 20 seconds, in cases where you do not have access to water and soap, use alcohol-based hand sanitizers.
- Keep your social distance in common places, leave at least 1.5 meters between people.
- Cover your mouth when you are coughing or sneezing.
- Try not to touch your face.
- If you are suffering from fever, coughing, and shortness of breath, wear a mask, and go to a medical institution.
To have a strong immune system, one of the things you need to pay attention to is your sleeping schedule.
The better you sleep, the stronger your immune system will get. The cells of the immune system, which are responsible for fighting infections, are released during your sleep. When you are asleep, the melatonin hormone, also known as the sleep hormone, is also released, which fights free radicals and toxins. For healthy sleep, it is recommended that you sleep 6 to 8 hours a day.
A diet rich with vitamins and minerals can help you to keep your immune system strong.
The most important thing you need to keep your immune system strong is water. We should not neglect to drink at least 1.5 to 2 liters of water every day. To be strong, your immune system also requires vitamins and micronutrients such as vitamins A, C, D, E, selenium, quercetin, and zinc.
Vitamin C – kiwi, pepper, orange, grapefruit, lemon, tangerine, pineapple, tomato, onion.
Vitamin A - carrot, mango, orange, spinach, broccoli, asparagus, parsley, green beans, leek, pea, avocado.
Vitamin E – sunflower seed, olive oil, dried nuts, kiwi, almond, spinach, broccoli.
Selenium – brazil nut, turkey, fish.
Quercetin – leafy green vegetables, broccoli, red onion, apple, grapes, green tea.
Healthy intestinal flora and well-functioning intestine mean a good immune system.
Especially during this period, we need to pay attention to our intestinal health. Highly fibrous and probiotic reach nutrients will help to keep your intestines healthy.